Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) is seeking an experienced, self-driven Climate Action Planning Manager to drive sustainability and climate action planning and engagement projects with our government clients.
KLA is a woman-owned, benefit corporation that partners with local governments to build the sustainable community they envision. We do this by delivering affordable tools and services to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate climate action and sustainability goals and programs. We are now in the most important decade for taking climate action to avoid catastrophic change. With this sense of urgency, KLA is scaling up its ability to support local action to prepare for the impacts of climate change and reduce contributions to it. KLA is seeking a diverse team of innovative individuals who are passionate, committed, and enthusiastic about joining this fight.
This is an opportunity to work with our growing team of climate, sustainability, engagement, and communications specialists. We are looking for someone who has experience working in a consulting firm as a project manager and understands the challenges with tight timelines and budgets and how to work with them. We expect this hire will have at least 5 years professional experience, with a focus on climate change, sustainability, and/or resilience. This position will provide an opportunity for significant growth to manage a diverse set of tasks and client projects. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, passionate person to shape the position. Some travel may be required (COVID-19 circumstances permit). There is a preference for this position to be located in the greater Boston area, but not required.
- Work directly with clients and manage client projects related to climate change mitigation, adaptation, and community resilience to be delivered on time and on budget
- Lead the management of KLA climate action planning projects utilizing our project management tool to track and report budget, deliverable completion, and timeline status
- Design and lead engaging and interactive stakeholder and public meeting facilitation (online and in-person, as COVID-19 circumstances permit)
- Collaborate with Director of Communications and Engagement to ensure alignment between public engagement and communications efforts and our broader client project deliverables and goals
- Collaborate with our GHG services team to communicate and deliver data-driven decision-making processes
- Build relationships with clients and identify opportunities to enhance support
- Support project delivery best practices through research, networking, and other means
- General admin support as needed
- Must have experience managing projects in a consulting firm
- Must demonstrate an ability to pivot and adjust tactics easily and quickly. This is a fast moving and ever-changing industry; we need someone who can readily adapt to the changing needs of our clients.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to easily translate data and science into everyday terms
- Familiarity with GHG accounting, target setting, and/or sustainability metrics
- Understanding of climate change and its impacts
- Experience working with local or state governments on sustainability/resiliency/climate change
- Facilitation experience and/or experience with a public engagement process
- Adept at a range of programs and tools including Microsoft Office (a MUST), HubSpot or other CRM tool, Adobe products, and project management and finance tools
- Some combination of advanced degree in urban planning and/or minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the sustainability, climate mitigation and/or adaptation field
- Must be willing to continuously learn and improve performance
- Must be comfortable in remote-working environment
Please provide sample materials that you feel demonstrate the depth and breadth of your climate action planning experience and communication skills. This can be a paper, a presentation, blog, article, video, podcast- whatever you want!
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 11, 2022.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides competitive salaries and personalized benefits.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.