Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) is seeking an experienced Director of Finance & Operations, ideally in the Boston, MA area, to drive to all financial aspects of the business, including the company’s financial strategy, planning, and reporting. This position will also lead the human resource aspects of our business, including benefits and new hire recruiting and onboarding as well as oversee all operational support functions. The goal of this position is to guide the company towards a sustainable financial future that does not compromise KLA’s values.
KLA is in need of a driven, organized individual that can take ownership over our core systems, including our accounting, financial reporting, timesheet, invoicing, project management, and email systems to ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible. This is a unique opportunity for someone to grow with us while helping us build a more sustainable future for all. This position will report directly to and support our CEO, Kim Lundgren.
- Drive the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and negotiations
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set targets for and supervise existing Senior Manager of Team Success, and any future hires, as well as consultants and vendors that support KLA’s internal operations
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and the Executive Team
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Review all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures and ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Support monthly invoicing of clients
- Process payment for accounts payable
- Follow up on accounts receivable
- Work with the Executive Team and to evaluate and enhance new hire onboarding & staff training program
- Propose and implement (as approved) new organizational systems or new ways to use existing systems to ensure the Team runs as efficiently as possible
- Ensure ongoing compliance with KLA’s benefit corporation and B Corps commitments
- Other admin or back office related support as needed, including registering in new states and W/MBE, DBE, and other certifications
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience as Director of Finance & Operations or similar role, ideally in a startup
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office 365 Suite and Quickbooks Online
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit- must be comfortable in a startup environment and willing to be a team player
- Strategic thinker and effective leader who can balance decisions based on sustainability and profitability
- Extremely organized and willing and able to develop and train the team on new systems and processes
- Experience developing and reporting key performance and accountability metrics for an organization
- Comfortable in remote, home, or shared workspaces
- Expertise with contracts or legal documents
- Experience using HubSpot, SharePoint, MS Planner, Trello, Celoxis, BigTime, Dropbox (Admin Console)
- Experience working in a SAAS organization or Professional Consulting Firm
- Experience working with local or state governments or public sector in general
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Director of Finance & Operations, no later than Friday, April 30, 2021.
KLA provides competitive salaries and personalized benefits.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.