Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) seeks a Greenhouse Gas Analysis Manager to lead the execution of GHG accounting and mitigation aspects of climate and sustainability plans across a portfolio of community types spanning the US. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape many cities' responses to the climate crisis.
- Manage quantitative data collection processes including primary and secondary data, perform greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) accounting at community-wide and government operations scales.
- Synthesize community baseline conditions to identify and calculate mitigation potential of high impact strategies to create deep reductions in GHGs.
- Perform QA/QC review of calculations and research driven outputs.
- Translate state and federal policy action to local GHG reduction outcomes.
- Support stakeholder engagement by translating technical data into terms familiar to the public and visual communications to engage audiences from diverse backgrounds.
- Coordinate between local government clients and partner agencies organizations around shared climate planning goals.
- Perform and manage multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality project deliverables.
- Contribute to various firm business development, communication, marketing, and administrative activities.
- Contribute to KLA’s thought leadership in advancing climate neutrality in communities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from a four-year college or university in environmental studies, chemistry, engineering, or other relevant science or technical field or 5 years’ experience performing quantitative climate and sustainability related analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GHG accounting and mitigation planning in two or more of the following subject areas: energy consumption and production, transportation, solid waste, water and wastewater, and land use related sources of GHGs.
- Broad knowledge of the range of GHG mitigation tools from all levels of government.
- Experience with the relevant local GHG accounting protocols and reporting frameworks including the US Community Protocol and Global Protocol for Community Scale GHG Inventories.
- Familiarity and experience working with federal data sources and tools that support climate mitigation planning.
- A self-motivator with a strong work ethic and ability to problem solve independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, advanced skills in Excel required).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a team.
- A passion for improving cities and a vision for GHG mitigation to advance livability and thriving economies within KLA Client communities.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, GHG Analysis Manager.
KLA provides competitive salaries and personalized benefits.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.