Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) is seeking an experienced Greenhouse Gas Analysis Manager to support our ongoing and evolving greenhouse gas inventory, analysis, forecasting and quantification that is essential to the development of data-driven climate mitigation and resilience work. This position fills a critical role in the delivery of actionable climate and sustainability plans backed by measurable performance metrics. This position reports to KLA’s Carbon Neutral Pathways Director. A successful candidate will be able to balance technical analysis rigor with creative ways to report the results to a broad audience.
- Oversight of data collection
- Develop project data requirements that respond to individual project context and client priorities
- Submit data requests, follow up, and documentation
- Maintain records of data and methodological decisions
- Anticipate, troubleshoot, and communicate data-related challenges
- Continuously work to identify new data sources and maintain KLA state of the art practice area
- Research and Analysis
- Preparation of government operations, community scale, and regional GHG Inventories
- Complete calculations of GHG reduction potential of local policies for climate action plans
- Collect data for and calculate metrics across a range of climate related topics
- Contribute to the generation of new approaches to generating local data that informs climate planning and performance management
- Analysis of financial impacts of policies and actions
- Research to support the development of implementation steps and resources for plan actions
- Preparation of publication-ready data visualizations with accompanying interpretation
- Development of narrative documents, presentations, and other materials for non-technical audiences
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Public Policy or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in developing GHG inventories, forecasting, and quantification
- Demonstrated abilities to evaluate, combine, and apply disparate data sets to advance understanding of climate topics across a range of subjects including energy consumption and production, transportation, solid waste, water and wastewater, and land-use.
- Expertise in relevant GHG accounting protocols and reporting frameworks that support local government climate action planning
- Ability to interpret and apply data related to climate change impacts to community planning and related decision making
- Ability to develop sustainability performance metrics and indicators relevant to community and government operations performance management as well as knowledge of common sustainability rating and assessment frameworks such as LEED for Cities, SDGs, and others
- Knowledge of state level energy and climate policy instruments
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and related policies that impact energy production and use, mobility, and circular economy development
- Familiarity with federal data sources and tools that support local planning efforts
- Ability to analyze, refine, and display data from many sources including working with geospatial, relational databases, and formats common for web-based visualization.
- Demonstrated use of techniques to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject GHG Analysis Manager, no later than Friday, April 30, 2021.
KLA provides competitive salaries and personalized benefits.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.