Work is remote, but must be located in easy driving distance to the Boston area and throughout MA
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, motivated candidate to drive our climate action planning and implementation work in Massachusetts. The MA Climate Action Planning Director will lead our projects and team to deliver data-driven, equitable, and actionable climate and sustainability solutions. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years’ in-depth experience working with local governments on climate action and leading a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment.
KLA is a woman-owned, benefit corporation that partners with local governments to build capacity to implement aggressive, equitable climate solutions. We do this by delivering affordable tools and services to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate climate action and sustainability goals and programs. With only 8 years remaining to take action to avoid catastrophic climate change, KLA is hiring for a number of positions. KLA is actively seeking a diverse team of individuals that are passionate, committed, innovative, and enthusiastic about our work and mission.
This is a unique opportunity to help KLA expand support to communities in our home state to build a more sustainable future for all. It is expected that the MA CAP Director will be up to speed on the MA Climate Bill and other relevant state level policies and legislation; existing programs in MA that support municipal climate action, such as MVP, Green Communities, and others; leading solutions on climate change that are applicable to and/or exemplified in Massachusetts. We expect this hire will have an opportunity for significant growth and are looking for a self-motivated, passionate person to shape the position. This position will be travelling regularly to client sites throughout the Commonwealth.
- Identify and develop and manage, in concert with the CEO, strategic relationships with organizations that align with KLA’s values and further our mission.
- Track and keep the team and clients informed of state and federal climate policies, legislation, programs, and grant opportunities relevant for our MA clients.
- Support grant writing and recognition opportunities for clients.
- Continue to grow and enhance the KLA client network in MA to the point where it can become a model that can be replicated in other states.
- Demonstrate leadership in your actions and train the team on excellence in the delivery of climate action planning and implementation.
Client & Project Management:
- Work directly with clients and manage client projects related to climate change mitigation, adaptation, and community resilience to be delivered on time and on budget.
- Lead the management of KLA climate action planning projects utilizing our project management tool to track and report budget, deliverable completion, and timeline status.
- Design and lead engaging and interactive stakeholder and public meeting facilitation (online and in-person).
- Collaborate with our Communications and Engagement group to ensure alignment between public engagement and communications efforts and our broader client project deliverables and goals.
- Collaborate with our Climate Analysis group to communicate and deliver data-driven decision-making processes.
- Build relationships with clients and identify opportunities to enhance support
- Must have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a consulting firm type environment.
- Must demonstrate an ability to pivot and adjust tactics easily and quickly. This is a fast moving and ever-changing industry; we need someone who can readily adapt to the changing needs of our clients.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to easily translate data and science into everyday terms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change and its impacts.
- Experience working with local, regional, and/or state governments on sustainability/resiliency/climate change.
- Facilitation experience and/or experience with a public engagement process
- Adept at a range of programs and tools including Microsoft Office (a MUST), HubSpot or other CRM tool, Adobe products, and project management and finance tools.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the sustainability, climate mitigation and/or adaptation field with or without an advanced degree.
- Experience managing a team of professionals, ideally in a remote environment.
This position includes a flexible schedule, healthcare and phone/internet benefits and starts with 5 weeks of paid time off + 12 holidays. Initial base salary for this full-time position ranges from $85,000-$125,000 commensurate with experience, and participation in KLA’s performance and accountability bonus program is available after 3 months of demonstrated success in position.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, resume, sample work, and one reference to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: MA Climate Action Planning Director. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.