Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. (KLA) is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, motivated candidate to drive and oversee our climate action planning, analysis, and implementation work. The Director of Climate Solutions will lead business development and oversee all client projects in the Northeast region of the US, as well as provide leadership and support to the Team to deliver data-driven, equitable, and actionable climate and sustainability solutions to clients across the country. The ideal candidate is analytically minded and technically savvy while also an outgoing, effective communicator that gets things done on time and on budget. They will have a minimum of ten years’ relevant experience, at least 7 of which is in-depth experience working with local governments on climate action, project management and leading a Team of professionals in a fast-paced, remote, consulting environment.
KLA is a woman-owned, benefit corporation that partners with local governments to build their capacity to implement aggressive, equitable solutions to climate change. We do this by delivering affordable tools and services to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate climate action and sustainability goals and programs. With less than 7 years remaining to take action to avoid catastrophic climate change, KLA is actively seeking a candidate to add to our diverse Team of individuals that are passionate, committed, innovative, and enthusiastic about our work and mission.
This is a unique opportunity to help KLA expand support to communities in our home state and across the Northeast to build a more sustainable future for all. It is expected that the Director of Climate Solutions will be well versed on the MA Climate Bill and other relevant state level policies and legislation; existing programs in MA that support municipal climate action, such as MVP, Green Communities, and others; leading solutions on climate change that are applicable to and/or exemplified in Massachusetts. This position is designed for significant growth and will require a self-motivated person that can operate strategically and tactically. This role will initially focus on projects and business development in MA and the Northeast but will be expected to quickly ramp up to oversee all of KLA’s client work and manage our client facing teams. This position will be travelling regularly to client sites throughout the Commonwealth and the Northeast with occasional travel to other regions throughout the US.
- Identify, develop and manage, in concert with the CEO, strategic relationships with organizations that align with KLA’s values and further our mission.
- Track and keep the Team and clients informed of state and federal climate policies, legislation, programs, and grant opportunities relevant for our clients.
- Support grant writing and recognition opportunities for clients.
- Grow and enhance the KLA client network in MA to the point where it can become a model that can be replicated in other states.
- Demonstrate leadership in actions and train the Team on excellence in the delivery of climate action planning and implementation in a consulting capacity.
- Manage KLA’s manager level staff and be a resource for the entire Team on local climate & sustainability best practices
Client & Project Management
- Oversee the Professional Services Team’s projects related to climate change mitigation, adaptation, and community resilience and ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Lead the management of KLA service projects utilizing project management tools to track and report budget, deliverable completion, and timeline status.
- Lead the Team in strategies and execution of project change management through communication with client, adjusting respective scope and budgets, and contract amendments.
- Design and lead engaging and interactive stakeholder and public meeting facilitation (online and in-person).
- Collaborate with our Communications and Engagement Team to ensure alignment between public engagement and communications efforts and our broader client project deliverables and goals.
- Collaborate with our Climate Analysis Team to communicate and deliver data-driven decision-making processes.
- Ensure the proper documentation of new or improved client delivery processes.
- As needed, perform specific tasks required for the continuation of project progress.
- Lead the identification and development of proposals for business development opportunities in the Northeast.
- Promote and secure new clients for KLA’s Accelerated Roadmap and other services relevant to Northeast communities.
- Support the CEO and the Marketing Team in developing templates and other resources to streamline business and proposal development activities.
- Must have experience managing multiple projects and people simultaneously in a consulting firm type environment.
- Must demonstrate an ability to pivot and adjust tactics easily and quickly. This is a fast-moving and ever-changing industry; we need someone who can readily adapt to the changing needs of our clients.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to easily translate data and science into everyday terms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change and its impacts.
- Experience working with local, regional, and/or state governments on sustainability/resiliency/climate change planning.
- Energy, GHG, and climate analysis experience, ideally with local governments
- Facilitation experience and/or experience with a public engagement process
- Adept at a range of programs and tools including Microsoft Office (a MUST), HubSpot or other CRM tool, Adobe products, and project management and finance tools.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the sustainability, climate mitigation and/or adaptation field with or without an advanced degree.
- Experience managing a Team of professionals, ideally in a remote environment.
This position includes a flexible schedule, healthcare, 401k, and phone/internet benefits and starts with 5 weeks of paid time off + 13 holidays. Initial base salary for this full-time position ranges from $90,000 to $110,000 commensurate with experience. Participation in KLA’s performance and accountability bonus program is available after 3 months of demonstrated success in position.
Interested candidates provide a cover letter, resume, sample work, and two references to email@example.com with Subject: Director of Climate Solutions. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Kim Lundgren Associates, Inc. does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.