Passionate about local climate action? Make an impact this summer!
Who We Are
KLA is a woman-owned, benefit corporation that partners with local governments to build capacity to implement aggressive, equitable climate solutions. We do this by delivering affordable tools and services to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate climate action and sustainability goals and programs. With only 8 years remaining to take action to avoid catastrophic climate change, KLA is actively seeking a diverse team of interns who are passionate, committed, innovative, and enthusiastic about our work and mission.
Who We’re Looking to Hire
KLA is committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we are committed to supporting young professionals from racial/ethnic backgrounds underrepresented in climate adaptation, mitigation, and the clean energy field. As such, people who identify under the imperfect term “BIPOC”, that is: Black, Indigenous (or of aboriginal descent), and/or as a person of color, any intersection therein and are from historically excluded backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for undergraduate or graduate students with:
- Strong research skills
- Mature written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional demeanor when interacting with clients and team members
- Passion for sustainability and climate action
Learn more about KLA’s commitment to equity in our recent blog post.
As a KLA intern, you will collaborate with staff across the organization to develop and deliver work that can make a real difference for communities across the Unites States. Here are some highlights of what you can expect in KLA’s 10-week summer internship program:
- Team-building, social activities, and networking opportunities to forge relationships with other interns and staff.
- Feedback and mentoring from your internship manager.
- An opportunity to present the value of your contribution and what you learned during an end-of-summer presentation to the KLA team.
Internship Hours and Duration
Between 20 – 40 hours per week for 10 weeks between late May and early August
Recruitment Process and Eligibility
For the summer 2023 program, KLA is recruiting interns through MassCEC’s Clean Energy Internship Program. If you are a resident of Massachusetts or attend a college, university, or training program in Massachusetts, please create an account through the MassCEC Workforce Portal to apply.
Questions about KLA summer internship program? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org